Aveluy Wood Cemetery, Somme
Just outside the town of Albert on the Somme, Aveluy Wood Cemetery (or Lancashire Dump) this cemetery was started in 1916. It originally was used by field ambulances and various fighting units until the German withdrawal in 1917. The Germans retook the woods in 1918 but by September bitter fighting and effort from British troops managed to retake the area. More graves were added from this period and it now holds 380 bodies, 172 of which are unidentified.